Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Knitting Update

I have noticed in my stats that my blog entry about attempting knitting has received a lot of views. So, here is an update on my introduction into the world of knitting.


With the problems with my hands I find it very difficult - in the sense that I can not do it for too long of a period due to the pain. This frustrates me as I just want to knit and go, go, go and see huge progress but having to stop to do stretches, hand flexing exercises and rest just takes the thrill right out of the project/piece that I am working on.


I definitely find knitting to be very addictive and surprisingly very relaxing. I have to admit that I rely learning care of you tube videos and demonstrations (as I am a visual learner and once I see how it is done I can duplicate it) then out of a book about knitting.



Patterns? Well, I have yet to follow one. I need to learn the knitters abbreviations and lingo to be able to confidently follow a pattern. To date I have made 4 toques, 2 pairs of leg warmers (for my daughters dance lessons), a scarf and a diamond lacy shawl. I did start a blanket; but in turn got bored as it seems to be a never ending project. I am currently working on a pair of funky leg warmers for myself.



I am getting very comfortable working with circular needles and prefer them over straight needles. I like that fact that when knitting in the round you just go, go and go with no real thought to flipping and keeping track of the right side the project.



I am seriously considering taking the leap and trying a sweater; which in turn, means following a pattern. As I research easy, peasie, simple sweater patterns - I get apprehensive at some of the descriptions .... like having to use a stitch holder and then pick up those stitches at a later time or having to piece and sew to attach the parts in order make it into a sweater (my sewing skills lack quite a bit).



I know that with time I will become more confident and will become more courageous to attempt more. I know that it is the first leap into faith of my skills as a knitter that I will struggle to with the most.

No comments: