Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Negativity and Emotional Parasites

Here are a few things that I have realized and/or have clued into and that are food for thought for many others:



  • Negativity of any kind (may it be negative thinking or other’s negative ideology) cripples the human spirit from soaring.
  • Negativity is contagious like yawning and has harmful effects.
  • Complaining is worse than doing nothing. Instead of complaining just do it - work on fixing the issue or achieve a solution.
  • Each time a complaint is made it becomes increasingly harder to climb out of the rut that’s been created by complaining.
  • We have to work at appreciating what we do have instead of crying over what we may lack.
  • Negative thinking people have a need to have the world be according to their own selfish wants and desires.
  • Constant stress that comes from negativity drains your energy, focus and motivation to succeed.
  • If I hang out with negative people, my mind will be negatively affected by their pessimism.
  • I cannot change anyone but myself.
  • I must stay away from negative people that are parasites and bring me down. I view them as Emotional Vampires. People that feed off my positivity and drain me dry leaving me feeling tired, drained, depressed, weak, agitated, inadequate and trapped.
 
  • That I have had my share and experiences with Emotional Vampires and have categorized them in my mind as follows: 

    The Narcissist - This person needs and demands constant praise and attention. They believe that the world does revolve around them and always steers the conversation back around to themselves.
    The Controller - This person dictates and dominates everyone else. They are often telling you what is best for you and how you should be living your life. The Victim a.k.a.Poor Pitiful Me - This person is overly needy, usually has a story of how the world has wronged them one way or another and usually wallows in self-pity and misery.
    The Drama Queen - This person needs to be the center of attention all the time. If they aren’t getting attend they tend to create drama believing that this rush of emotion is a healthy connection. They can be very nice; seeking your approval and quite charming when they have it but extremely aggressive and sometimes abusive when they don’t.
  • Signs of an Emotional Vampire are: they have nothing but bad news; you can never truly cheer them up; and their issues/problems never seem to get resolved and progressively get worse with time.



    • An enlightening quote from the Dali Lama:

    The fact that there is always a positive side to life is the one thing that gives me happiness. This world is not perfect. There are problems. But things like happiness and unhappiness are relative. Realizing this gives you hope.


  • Anything is achievable with the power of your mind and positivity and optimism.




        •  

    1 comment:

    Marinor said...

    CARO O CARA IL PROBLEMA CHE TU PONI รจ MOLTO COMPLESSO E NON E DI FACILE SOLUZIONE ...IO CONOSCO MOLTO BENE IL FATTO O I FATTI CHE TI ACCADONO.SOLO DEI SAGGI BMAESTRI CON CONOSACENZA ED ESPERIENZA POSSONO AIUTARTI A GUARIRE !