Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Falling Apart

Sometimes I wonder if I am falling apart at the young age of 32.

Saturday morning I woke up with a very painful hand, wrist and arm - I just put it off as I must have slept on it funny. As the week progressed the pain intensified and I experienced a constant burning sensation all over my hand and wrist.

Last night the pain was unbearable and I was experiencing numbness in my pinkie and ring finger. So off I trotted to the Urgent Care Centre and proceeded to wait patiently for 4 hours before I am seen by a doctor and sent off to get x-rays. Of course, it is not broken (as I didn't fall or experience any trauma to my hand) so the put it off as carpal tunnel and place me in a splint.



I get home at a ridiculously late hour to briefly fill in Handsome on what the doctor had to say. I got very little sleep do to the pain and my normal insomnia.

I wake up to be in more pain then I was in last night. I make arrangements to see my family doctor. She inspects it, twists it, contorts it (making more pain) and goes "hmmmm what a conundrum ... I believe it is a mixture of tendinitis, carpal tunnel and I believe that lump is a ganglion". Wear the splint to 10 days, try not to use your arm and hand, then go for physio. Oh, yeah, also if the lump grows come back! She did prescribe an anti-inflammatory topical creme.

Needles to say my hand and wrist burns constantly and don't ask me what it feels like to move my fingers .... hell in a hand basket!!

No comments: