Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Should we Have to Fight for our Health?

I am at my breaking point. I am beyond frustrated at not being able to sleep and/or waking up in the morning in pain from my shoulders up. I have suffered from insomnia since I was 12 years old on and off but I am coming on to at least two years now of getting anywhere from two to five hours sleep a night.


Not being able to sleep is taking it's toll on me mentally and physically. I am positive that it is contributing to my depression, fatigue and lack of desire to work out (which in turn affects my weight loss goals and achievements).








I have made an appointment to see my GP and discuss my insomnia and I am also going to looking into my different options of and/or the need to be on hormone replacement therapy. I find it very difficult to function this way not having any control of my thoughts and feelings. This has only been an issue since my hysterectomy but mainly since the removal of my ovaries.


I do not regret having these procedures as it has improved my physical health and well being. It is nice to live life without pain and major discomfort. But I am greedy! I want my life to go back to the way it was prior to my ailments! I want to live life pain free and in control of my emotions,. Why should I settle for living life in a constant state of BLAH? I want to be able to sleep and not be constantly fatigued. I want to gain back my desire to workout and mainly I want to feel good about myself again.


I do not think that this is too much to ask for - so why am I fighting tooth and nail to have the health care system look into this and rectify the problem? Why has it come down to society having to fight for their health and mental well being?






I am a determined woman by nature - once my mind is set there is no way to make me stray from my path. I will figure this out and I will find a solution! I will be whole again.

No comments: