Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Harsh Truth

My daughter has a lot of pent of anger, frustration and confused feelings towards her absentee father that has re-surfaced after 18 months. She sat down and wrote a very heart wrenching letter to her father and I could not be anymore proud of her as I am at this moment. It took a lot of courage and strength to write what she did.

I just hope that her father will get what she is telling him and that it slaps him hard enough to wake up and see what his actions (or lack there of) is doing to our daughter.

If I was in his shoes I know that I'd be crying and over ridden with guilt with some of the points she made in the letter mainly this:
 
"I don't want to see you because I don't have anything to really say to you because I don't really know about you anymore and you don't know anything about me."
My daughter poored out her heart and layed everything on the line and now everything is in her father's court to rectify and fix. She was spent after she wrote the letter but said she felt better getting most of it off her chest. She did advised that she has more hard feelings that she needs to cope with but has no real way to explain them to anyone.


My heart bleeds for her to know that she is hurting and suffering so much due to one's lack of interest, insight and general care towards her. How could any parent treat a child this way? How could any parent not care to be involved in their child's life?


I guess there will always be some questions that go unanswered in life. We just have to breathe and take small steps to get through it.

No comments: