Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Monday, March 28, 2011

A Great Family Outing

I was sitting on the couch Saturday afternoon contemplating on what we can do as a family as I listened to my daughter read out loud from her first chapter book: Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus. (My daughter is enjoying the series as much as I did as a girl).

While doing this I experienced a wonderful flashback from my youth which invoked the same feelings, smells, tastes and experience as the very first time. I remembered the very first time my mother took me to the Steak Pitt. I recalled the rustic atmosphere of the restaurant, being seated right be side the dance floor and the stage (where the owner's wife played piano and sang). There was no more need to contemplate - the decision was made! I called and made reservations and luckily made them just in time for the complimentary wooden name plaque. I knew that my daughter would have a similar experience as to what I had the very first time I went and I couldn't wait for her to have it.

I told Handsome what the plan was and he was all for it (with great enthusiasm). I told my daughter that we'd be going on a small road trip to have dinner at a restaurant that she has never been too. She was excited to go some place new and try new food. We all got ready to go, once I came out from the shower; Handsome advised me that he ran into our neighbour and he would be playing at the Steak Pitt that very night! Once we were all dressed and organized we all loaded up in the truck (we choose the truck in case it snowed - which it did). I told my daughter about our neighbour playing at the restaurant and she was so excited to finally hear him play his guitar and sing.





We took the 50 minute drive out to Bragg Creek, I enjoyed the scenery as I listened to my daughter read Junie B. Jones. I found it very relaxing to watch the images float by me of trees lightly dusted with snow on their branches and the voice of my daughter as she confidently read from her book. I was content and filled with joy and awe on the ride out.





We arrived in Bragg Creek about an 95 minutes before our reservation. We went to window shop at their unique shops to pass some time. As per the norm we had to hit the Candy Shoppe for Handsome and Monster to load up on all of their sugar needs. After that we still had about 45 minutes to pass before our reservations - so we decided to take the minor drive out to Elbow falls (a spot where we go to regularly in the summer for minor hiking and enjoy the beauty of nature out their). Again, I enjoyed relaxing with my daughter reading in the back seat and watching the winter scenes of the forests pass buy.






We finally got to the restaurant a bit early and was given the choice on where we'd like to sit. I allowed my daughter to choose and she decided on a table located right on the dance floor with a great view of the stage. Our neighbour came up and chatted with us; stating he was glad we came and was excited to perform for my daughter.  My daughter had a great time; she was so good at a formal setting, enjoying a great meal that lasted 2 1/2 hours, she was fascinated by the fish pond, the music, the food and the rustic look of the restuarant. She was astouned by the tree trunks that were used as support beams and she loved the fact that she now has a rustic name plaque carved just for her.

It was a wonderful night out with music, great food, and the best company one can seek - family. I was glad and proud that I could offer such an experience for my daughter; a fond memory to go in our family adventures file.

No comments: