Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rock and A Hard Place

What I do not understand is why some people believe it is okay to take out their frustrations with life on loved ones. I know that if I have had a particularly crappy day at work or if I have a case of the blues that I become quiet (withdrawn); this way I do not say or do anything to my loved ones that I might regret or would make them feel bad.

I find it very hard to see others mistreat loved ones because they themselves are in a funk. I struggle to stay mutual when my father is being a prick (border-line verbally abusive) to my mother. I know from experience what my mother is going through and how it adds to depression and wears away your self esteem. Whenever I see my mom she looks more and more fragile and extremely worn down. She breaks down and purges everything on me (which I understand as she feels alone and has no one really to talk too). I am experiencing strong anger and hatred for the situation and towards my father for what he has been saying to my mother.

I am struggling to decide on whether I should stepping in and say something to my dad about his behaviour. I have sat back idly for a bit now (in hopes that things would improve) but it just seems to be getting worse. I know that my mom needs the support and for someone to say to my father "What the f*ck?! What is your problem?"

I find myself in a real hard position - I don't want to disrespect a parent but at the same time my loyalty is to my mother (after all she was the one that raised me and my father wasn't a major party of my developmental years when my folks were divorced).

The next time that he goes off on one of his rants when I am around - I will say something and but him in his place. Because right now he is of the opinion that he is not doing anything wrong and that my mother is just being over sensitive. Well, that sure is NOT the case and he needs to have his eyes opened.

No comments: