Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Marriage? Nope! Not for Us

I have had numerous discussions  with my Handsome man . . . is there a need for marriage?


I have been married and divorced; he was engaged and his fiance left him one month prior to their wedding day. From each other's experiences we don't believe marriage is all that it is cracked up to be. Neither one of us has a desire to be married.


In our views and opinions marriage is a legal document that states you have chosen a specific person to be your husband/wife. Just because you are married doesn't guarantee that you are committed to making the marriage and/or relationship work or that you are committed to one another. The main reasons most decide to get married are due to religion, family/society and the glamour placed around a wedding. Instead of marriage, why not be together because we love each other  and because we want and choose to be together.


Commitment for us means that you are dedicated to making a relationship work, and allowing the love for one another to flourish, grow, and strengthen day in and day out. The word "commit" means "to be bound" that you have pledged/vowed and/or promised to be bound to someone, whether it is convenient to you or not. When someone hears "committed" they think "wow, they are serious about their relationship". Commitment describes a state of mind and determination towards a relationship and individual.


Our outlook is that commitment to each other does not need to come from marriage; that it in fact, comes from being together, seeing a future with one another and loving each other unconditionally which surpasses any piece of paper. Being committed is something spiritual that no one else can feel the way we do for one another.


We strongly feel that we do not need or want to get married but we do want to be together of the rest of our lives and that is more than enough for us. We don't need to prove to anyone how much we love each other by inviting them to a wedding, to see us hold each other's hand, say "I do's", wear expensive traditional clothing, eat expensive food, watch us dance, cut cake and supply a party of a life time.


The way we each treat each other, talk to and look at one another, and how we talk about the other is the true way to show our love and commitment between us.

Last night Handsome presented me with a pre-commitment ring (which would be like an engagement ring). We plan to have commitment bands designed and have a small commitment ceremony for my daughter's benefit -- at that time he will present a pendant to her when he makes his commitment vows to her as a step-father.

No comments: