Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Author: Stephenie Meyer


Stephenie Meyer has a tremendous talent to project her characters by delving into their individual psyche allowing her characters come alive by making them realistic in every aspect. What I enjoy most is her talented skill to write in away where it is possible for the reader to fully experience the character's feelings almost as if they were your very own.



I was introduced first to Stephanie Meyer through her book: The Host. I was immediately drawn in and hooked into the story from the very first page. Her style of writing makes it very hard to put any one of her books down. I thoroughly enjoyed The Host and was eager to read anything else she may have published. So, I found the "Twilight Saga". (Note: I read the series before any of the Movies came out in theatres) I have to admit I became addicted and easily read the series back to back in one weekend. (Since then, yes I have returned to re-read them many other times).


In The Twilight Series she writes from the perspective of Bella (primarily) and Jacob. Every time I read these books I am curious ... what is Edward thinking, how is does he perceive this situation. Edward is very cryptic in general which creates the intense mystery behind his character. Imagine a book about why he smirks or laughs out of the blue... to know what minds he is hearing at that given time. A book explaining the pain and torture he puts himself through because it is so drawn to Bella in many ways.

So, I decided to visit Stephenie’s official website to read up on the author herself and to see if she has any current projects on the go or anything soon set for publishing. That is when I discovered she had plan to write a book from the view point of Edward. YES!! I was excited. But my excitement was squashed when I discovered that a draft version some how got leaked out on the Internet and now ... it may or may not happen. She’s posted 12 Chapters of the draft she had done up to that point and time.

I hummed and hawed on whether I should read it. After all, I know how addictive her writing is; and could I just stop at whatever point she got too? After many visits (well, numerous visits over many, many months) to her website with my mouse pointer hovering over her link to the story and quickly retreating from the site to avoid the temptation.... I caved.

Dammit!! Why, why did I do that to myself? I must be sadistic - it was enthralling, amazing and everything I expected it to be ... and now I am left hanging, totally revved up and craving more with a good possibility to never get what I want. Sheesh I am dumb, dumb, dumb - why or why did a cave and loose my will power after so many months and attempts ....

(I have to admit I am a sucker for punishment and will probably read her online draft many times - because yes it is that good).

I patiently await any future works of art done by this talented author. Stephenie Meyer you have me hooked ... I am a fan.

No comments: