Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Friday, October 21, 2011

My Oath, as a mom, To My Daughter

I remember rubbing my huge stomach in a soothing circular motion late one evening and mentally pledging an oath to my unborn daughter.


I will love and nurture you to the end of all days. I will always love you even if I’m not overly fond of you at a particular moment in time, or when I don’t like that things you say or when you have broken the rules and have done something bad. My love for you will be unconditional and constant no matter the circumstances. My love for you will always allow me to forgive your lack of listening skills, failure to comply with my rules and wishes and when dealing with your anger.


I will do whatever it takes to ensure that you are safe, that you have a roof over your head, that you always have food to eat, that you will always be clean, warm and dry. I promise to have a safe, calm home for you to grow, learn, expand and explore you creativity, individuality and ambitions free of fear and judgment.




I promise to do my damnedest to ensure that you are happy; but on the off chance that you ever become sad I will be there to comfort and console you. I will assist you in coping with any emotions that you may feel and understand that you are entitled to have those feelings (even if I deem them unfounded, in my opinion) and if I can not do that on my own I will ensure that I will find somebody that can no matter what the cost may be.


I will encourage that you express your opinions, beliefs and feelings - and I will listen to the same and take them into consideration before making a parental judgment call. I swear that any choices I make will always be in your best interest through hell or high water.
I promise to cradle and encourage your creativity, imagination, uniqueness and individuality. Even if I do not agree I promise to let you be yourself. I promise to allow you the right to be heard, taken seriously and to make your own mistakes.



I will always love you and be proud of you no matter what has occurred. I may get frustrated because you may not listen to my advice or not seek my advice in decisions you might make but I will always have my arms open wide for you to confide in and a shoulder for you to cry on. I will support you in all that you do or not do. I will be patient and understanding in any choices that you make and assist you in any way that I can with any outcome and/or consequences of your decisions.

I swear to always tell you the truth - may it be guarded to protect your developing mind and character. I will not withhold the truth from you completely - I may advise you that I will not go into detail until you’ve reached an appropriate age to grasp the whole concept.


I promise to be consistent and never to give false threats. I will be firm to prevent you from forming bad habits. I will work hard to mold you to become a smart, polite, confident and independent individual. I will never make you feel small, insignificant, unwanted or unloved. I will give you my all but I am human and therefore imperfect and I too can make mistakes as well as any other. I promise to strive to be the best mom that I can be with huge amounts of love, faith and trust in you, my beloved daughter to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have read a lot of things about beeing a mother. as i am a mother of a little girl myself this is the most beloved thing i have ever read and i will be printing this out you have the most wondefull way of putting things in to words thank you for your blog.......