Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm a Bookwarm by Nature

I have done some hardcore reading this past little while and have stumbled upon a new author that I quite enjoy and have read some outstanding memoirs. I tend to read many genre's and sometimes friends comment on the dark subjects that I read.

Most of the memoirs I read are about individuals that have suffered horrific crimes and unjustice. What I enjoy about these books is that these individuals are all survivors and have learned to cope with their experiences and have made something of themselves besides the fact of what had happened to them.

Here is just a few of the books that I have read recently. I decided just to list a few today as I don't have time to list the 20-30 books that I have consumed. Here are the top of my favorites out of all of them.



The new author I decided to try out was Christopher Pike, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christopher-Pike/34402955445?sk=wall. I have become addicted to his style of writing. I first ventured reading his



"Until the End" which was 840 some odd pages that I devoured in two days off reading off and on. It had me flipping the pages wondering what will happen next and considering who could be the culprit.



I am almost done another of his thick books "Remember Me" and find the whole concept of the story and after life that he portrays exhilarating. His genre is for young adults but I dare any "adult" to pick up one of his books and try not to put it back down.



"Broken" by Shy Keenan, http://www.shykeenan.com/, is a memoir of an amazing women that went through such a horrible nightmare for many, many years. Her story is heart rendering and inspiring. The work she now does is a pride for many others.



"No One Wants You" by Celine Roberts is a memoir of a women that was forced into prostitution at a very young age and her thoughts and how she copes to deal with the fact that she was abandoned by her mother. As she reaches adulthood and motherhood she deals and copes with feminine health issues. Her story is another that is sad but reveals the strength to overcome hardship and life obstacles.



"The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths" by Bob Andelman and Pat Brown. While the title is gripping on it's own. It is a memior of Pat Brown - about how she first got interested in profiling and how she has educated her self in this specific field. She lists some of the cases that she has profiled and how she came to the conclusions that she did. I found it very interesting but frustrating in regards to how justice failed to capture the perputrator(s).

No comments: