Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Monday, April 18, 2011

Irony at it's Best



Pick up any magazine and you see the subliminal messages that you are only sexy if you are fit, thin and beautiful. Watch television and you will see frequent ads to eat a range of food from healthy snacks to the greasy unhealthy fast food.




Media on the whole pushes society to eat and primarily to eat excess amounts of food that has now led majority of society to be over weight to obese. You go out for food and the portion sizes are doubled if not more than what is recommended. You can’t go to the mall without being assaulted with the smells of mouth-watering food that is high in sugar, salt or carbohydrates.

You see commercials for mindless, convenient eating which sends out subliminal messages to eat at your desks at work, in front of the television, in your car or to grab food on the run. Now, the downfall to all of this is when we do not sit down at a table and focus on the task of eating we tend to be distracted and as a result we usually over eat which builds up a daily calorie intake. We are pushed toward the fast lane, to always be on the go, go, go which leaves not much room to sit back and breathe let alone find time to regularly exercise beyond what is required from us in our daily tasks.

Society has become mindless towards the food that we put in our body. We are constantly moving forward to the next thing on our "To Do" lists and many of us do not take the time to sit back and enjoy a meal with the family or at the table where you are just focusing on that task of fueling our body. Instead we grab and run. Many of us do not take a moment to see where all of our calories are coming from - and the surprise is that majority of that is coming in the form of our fluid intakes. Hello Starbucks, Tim Horton's, Veggie Juices, Smoothies and more. I was shocked that I was easily consuming 1200 calories a day on three Tim Horton’s coffee and in the summer time I load up on my calories when I have my iced tea from Starbucks and that is not including the occasional Slurpee/slushy run on those extra hot days.

The food industry brain washes us with ads and commercials to eat, and eat for the delight, eat for your cravings, eat cause you can. They try to send out messages to eat "healthy" by having this granola bar because it is a good source of fiber but how many of us (in our busy lives) take the time to read all of the nutritional facts on this granola bar? Not many and as a result not many of us realize that this particular granola bar may be high in fiber but it is triple the amount of sugar, double the salt and high in carbohydrates. We take the false advertising as to be the word of GOD and trust that this particular granola bar is healthier and go with the flow just as the food industry wants us too.




The food industry also makes it more difficult for society to afford eating healthy and proper. All the crap/bad food for us is sold cheaper than the fresh produce. Makes on think what is the true priority?


Hmmmmm?

No comments: