Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

To Buy? Or Not to Buy?

The last couple of days are a bit of a daze for me. My daughter has been home ill again.   It made me thing about how often she does become ill (and especially since we moved to the townhouse). It has been quite a lot. Last September she had her adnoids and tonsils out and for a bit she seemed to have a huge improvement. But one would think that after the procedure she wouldn’t continue to have issues with clogged up sinuses and a stuffy nose 24/7.
In April she goes for allergy testing that we have been patiently awaiting for almost a full year now.  Once that is done I am confident that we will discover that she suffers from allergies and what they are so that we can make her symptoms improve.  
One of the issues that leads to her aliments is the fact that our house frequently smells of marihuana (as our neighbour’s hot box their unit and then it seeps through our walls; which gives me a headache and my daughter a horrific migraine and sore stomach). Handsome and I were discussing this issue and thought the only real solution was to move. If we were to move and have to pay higher rent; then why not look into buying our own place and pay into our own equity. 
So me being me, I became proactive and called a mortgage broker to see what we can qualify. Unfortunately, Handsome’s credit was not up to par to qualify for a “no down mortgage” but I was. So we were told the maximum purchase price amount that I was pre-approved for and I got excited.  I could own again! I got struck by the purchasing bug and was looking at real estate online, viewing places and getting all hyped up about buying. 
I fell in love with a little Townhouse and Handsome liked it and saw huge potential as an investment and re-sale property for us. Once I had a second to sit back, breathe and think fully about this possible financial commitment; I did some number crunching and reality hit me hard. Sure I could afford to own once again but at what price and hardship.


If I was to buy I would be house poor and do I truly want to be in that position again? Sure I could provide my daughter with a beautiful home to call ours; but could she continue to take Jazz? Could we go on all of our planned camping trips? Could I even take her swimming or to a movie as a special treat occasionally? Nope not at all and that was something I was willing to sacrifice just quite yet.
So as a result I have decided to invest in a high quality air purifying system for the house and a furnace humidifier to help her skin and relieve her nose bleeds. Paying $3,000 for this is way better then having no real life outside of a new house seems to be the best option for us at this time.

No comments: