Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Postive Thinking vs. Negative Facts

This is a Picture of My Daughter
This picture always brings a SMILE
to my face ... knowing that even a small
child takes time to ponder life!

Sometimes I to take a moment to reflect back on my life and focus on all of the positive choices and accomplishments that I have done. I believe that it is important that we take a moment to mentally focus on all of our positive traits, qualities and skills.

Lately, society focuses way to much on all the negative aspects of life that it brings individuals down. How we can correct this? Well, I believe we can by changing our way of thinking. If we take time to look upon all the things that are positive instead of focusing on all the stuff that is negative we maybe able to avoid being lead by media and society to focus on only the negative things.

For example, I am carefully watching what I am eating, devotedly working out and trying my hardest to loose weight. Yesterday, I had a bit of a slip. I went out with my best friend and our daughters for dessert. Originally, I had no intention of eating any dessert (I just wanted the outing and the company). But, as you guessed it, I caved and split a very naughty treat with my friend.

Instead of feeling guilty and negative for my slip; I remembered that I am human and humans can make mistakes - in is our nature. Now what could I possibly see that would be positive from the fact that I slipped up on my diet? Well, I went home and began to feel guilty and I told myself "STOP" and decided that yes I had a naughty treat but I will take the extra effort and spend twice as much time on my elliptical machine to counter it. 

While working out, I reflected on the situation and I learned that I have a weakness for chocolate goodies and that even though I had a slip - I did, however, go for almost two weeks with no chocolate sweets! That in the last two weeks I have managed to work out every day consistently, been careful on what types of food I put into my body and woke up every morning focusing on that day and what I could accomplish with my determination!  

By focusing on the positive things that I have been able to accomplish (even if it was small and some-what insignificant) I have been able to elevate my mood and motivate myself to continue to fight my way through life for another day!

No comments: