Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Family and "Me" Time

One of my favourite things to do is spend time with my family. Sometimes it can be a bit stressful and I have to admitted a mental groan sometimes occurs at the thought of getting together; but once the day is complete, I come home feeling loved and glad that I made the time.


It is sometimes sad that all of my immediate lives in the same city (no more than a 40 minute drive away) but I get caught up with my life and time lapses between visits. It's amazing how mundane chores and activities, such as grocery shopping, appointments or dance class for my daughter, can eat up my time and the weekend flies by me before I know it. One week leads into another and I realize that it has been almost a month since I have spent any time with my parents, brother, nieces and in-laws.


I am very big on quality family time. I believe that spending time with my family (along with my man's family) is important. There is nothing better than spending time with loved ones, laughing, talking and recharging my foundation of whom I am. Family will always unconditionally love me and accept me for whom I truly am. Besides, the more people to care for my daughter and I the better I feel on those rainy, blah days that everyone experiences once and awhile.


I love the feeling of being needed and that my effort to help does not go unnoticed. It makes me feel good that I took the time to help someone (especially a loved one) in their time of need. I also, enjoy the feeling of being missed and to have someone want to spend time with me to catch up or shoot the shit.


I thoroughly enjoy my down time (my alone time) to stop and reflect on life and myself. I have not spent much time on myself for a long time. I have been too wrapped up with others' needs and desires to pay any attention to my own. I think that for the next little while I am going to focus on me. get back into working out daily (which was always a great way for me to mellow out and soul search), spend some time reading, and catching my breathe. I am not going to get all wrapped up in myself but just take some time doing the things I like to do. Maybe this will help elevate some of my blue moods and make them less frequent.


Only time will tell.

No comments: