Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Thursday, October 13, 2011

It Takes Time


From my past experiences, I have learned to let certain things roll of my shoulders and perfected the skill of selective hearing. My mother has been one to always be on my case about my weight and figure. Yes, I have gained a significant amount of weight since 2007 and I am well aware of it too. I have had confirmation that because I was not receiving an appropriate amount of estrogen that my body was only burning 1/8th of the calories it should have been. I know that this is not a full excuse and that I am partly too blame for my weight gain from the lack of healthy lifestyle and exercise. But as result of the low estrogen; when I did try to work on loosing weight I was not successful as my body wasn't in a good position to adjust and assist me in my efforts.

My mom is "concerned" about my weight and my appearance and has asked me to research some diet plans such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Dr. Bernstein etc... She is more interested in the Dr. Bernstein and believes this course of action is the best suitable for me; as I can loose weight rapidly under the medical observation of a doctor. She would really like me to loose weight so that I no longer look like I am pregnant.



She made a comment to that effect at dinner one night, and Handsome was quite perturbed over it. He politely and calmly advised my mother that I have gone through a lot from my surgeries and then not having the appropriate HRT for my body. He stated that my body has yet to level itself out and to have time to balance itself out. That he strongly believes that we should wait and see how my body reacts to the new dose of estrogen and see what my body will do from there. Also, that he finds me beautiful and that is all that matters at this time.



It was touching and nice to have my man stand up for me and diplomatically put my mother in her place. I am used to these types of comments and suggestions that they no longer really phase me too much. Seeing his reaction brought light on the situation that it was in fact not appropriate for my mother to make such a comment and suggestion at a family dinner.

I have personally decided that by the time taxes roll in; if I haven't succeeded in loosing any weight by changing my dietary lifestyle and physical activity then I will look into investing and partaking in the Dr. Bernstein's diet and program.

First, I want to allow my body to adjust and level out hormonally before trying anything. Because I know that if I don't; I will only become more deflated and frustrated if I see no results from my hard efforts. In the meantime, I am going to start making healthier decisions about what type of food I consume and start adding exercise into my daily routine of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some time mothers do not understand that what they say can have so much damager on there kids,I am glad you had someone stand up for you and remind you that just because she feels that way dose not mean its true. i read your blog all the time and i bevleve that your beautiful. you have such a wonderful heart and have had a lot happen in your life that she need to give you a brake. Than you so much for your blog and for telling your story. i enjoy reading them and have found help in reading your blog

P.S
Thank you for your blog