Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Friday, August 26, 2011

Pathways of Life



I started life going down an almost a pre-destined path. As I made my way along this journey I became somewhat confident in the route that I was taking and found ways and solutions to overcome any obstacles or hurdles that life placed along the way. Every once in awhile I arrived at a cross roads along my trek. Sometimes it was a quick decision and off I'd go, and there were others that I had to stop for awhile and seriously reflect and ponder on which way I should turn and whether that it was a wise choice. Majority of the time my instincts steered me in the right direction.



But sometimes my judgement was clouded over with my emotions and insecurities. Occasionally I thought "uh-oh I made a mistake". There were times I had to back track and correct the direction and there where times that I trudged along and doubted whether or not I was correct... maybe it wasn't a mistake. 

Whether or not I made the correct choice I trudged along and hoped for the best. I have learned from my mistakes which in turn has horned my capabilities to listen to my gut instincts. It is hard to admit one's mistakes or poor judgment. Even more difficult is coming to the realization that sometimes it can be a loved one, friend or family member shackled to your ankles and slowing your trek down. The same goes for depression - - it can be a dark fog blinding your vision on what may lay ahead on the path. Carefully I must continue and fearfully but out my foot for the next step unsure if the ground is steady or not.



What I have discovered on my journey through life is that sometimes it may be the hardest thing I have to do but I need to drop the dead weight that is slowing my process down or to keep stepping forward through the fog. Every step I take in life will lead to another. Whether I have choosen the correct path to go down I can always take a few steps back and start over again.  That whatever happens along my journey I must continue and whatever it may be -- this too shall pass.



Life has it's ups and downs, things, places and people may come along and stay and others momentarily pass by me or stay behind. Whether someone passes me or decides to stay put I should never feel guilty that I have continued my journey nor I feel disheartened with someone passes me. I am here like many others trudging through this journey being optimistic that I will make the correct choices and hope to reach further enlightenment.



Where I have been has made me stronger, wiser and more confident as a individual and gives me the strength and the courage to continue on.  I am a result of life's tests, obstacles and hurdles and I know deep down to the bottom of my soul that I have become a stronger and better person because of it. That I will continue to become a better individual and that my life will bring me great happiness as long as I stay true to myself and my heart.  


No comments: