Anonymity of JnNBK


Please understand my anonymity on my blog. I write of all my life's experiences and belive that I should keep my identity and the identity of the people in my life to be anonymous. I am honest with my life experiences and some may find it offensive if anyone else was to discover of their true identity. I am expelling secrets that some would feel very uncomfortable about doing and/or would not want anyone else to know the full truth of the situation. Thank-you for your understanding and respecting my wishes.

JnNBK

My photo
Canada
I am a divorced semi-single parent of a beautiful girl. I say "semi-single parent" as I am in a committed relationship with an amazing man(whom I refer to as "Handsome"). I'm currently battling with stints of depression caused by hormone replacement therapy (HRT). I am constantly at war with myself over the choices and decisions I make as an individual, partner & mother. I love being a mother & I am very blessed to have my daughter in many, many ways. I view myself as a survivor. I know that I am capable of surviving anything that life may toss my way. Sometimes we all need to escape from the recesses of our own mind and the best way I do that is through the beauty of mother nature & laughter. There is no better cure for the blues than a good hardy laughing session.

Email

Feel free to leave comments on my blog or contact me directly via email at: jnnbkblogger@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

I know that I shouldn't allow these things to get to me after almost six years - but they are HUGE button triggers for me.

My daughter's grandparents (her father's folks) gave her a birthday gift with a letter stating how important she is and how much they care and blah, blah, blah. I got an email asking if we received their parcel and asking me to send recent photos of my daughter because Grandma's mother wants to see the pictures and because my daughter is so important to them.

My blood boiled! If my daughter is so important to them (as they claim); then why is it that they have never called her in almost six years? Sure they send a small gift at Christmas and on her birthday, but nothing else.

They never write to she how she is doing. They have yet to call to speak to her or try to get to know her. They only see her when they are out visiting their son. Actions speak louder than words and right now their actions do not indicate what the are saying.

All they are doing is sending mixed messages to my daughter and making things more confusing for her. I see where her father gets his ideology from . . . his mother.

No comments: